Friday, December 11, 2009

Blog-Royale December 11

On the final night of the My Bloody Valentine curated All Tomorrow's Parties festival last weekend, I was lucky enough to meet two of the Dirty Three (Jim White and Warren Ellis - also of the Bad Seeds and Grinderman) just after their evening performance.

51760020

Eating together on one of the few occupied tables in Butlins' genuinely miserable fish and chip shop, they kindly let me take their photo, during which the following short conversation between Warren and I took place -

Me: I really enjoyed your performance tonight.

Warren: Yeah, me too. I was watching an Iggy Pop DVD just before I went onstage.

Me: Can I ask you a question?

Warren: Sure.

Me: How come you always turn your back on the audience when you're playing? I've always been told you should never turn your back on your audience.

Warren: That's funny...I've always been told you should never turn your back on your musicians.

No comments: