Friday, August 21, 2009

Blog-Royale August 21 (Top 20 Tracks of the Decade)

Inspired by Pitchforks top 20 tracks of the decade here, I decided to collate my own, just so I can look back and remember that outside of war and terror, the last ten years actually saw a lot of good times. A LOT.

Included at the bottom is a spotify playlist just in case you want to enjoy the memories with me. It contains 18/20 tracks, as for some reason Ben Kweller's 'Wasted & Ready' and Arcade Fire's 'Wake Up' aren't on there...so I included what are probably my 21st and 22nd favourite songs instead.

Big shout outs to Liars and The Rapture and The Blood Brothers and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs and loads of other bands who nearly made it...I'm sure I'll want to change this as soon as I remember all the other cool songs I've forgotten.

Man, this actually got me pretty emotional:

20. Test Icicles - Catch It

19. Tom Vek - Aint Saying My Goodbyes

18. Interpol - NYC

17. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Get Ready for Love

16. Kings of Leon - The Bucket

15. The Vines - Get Free

14. Ben Kweller - Wasted & Ready

13. Linkin Park & Jay Z - Numb/Encore

12. Sum 41 - Fat Lip

11. Outkast - Hey Ya

10. The Strokes - Someday

9. The White Stripes - Hotel Yorba

8. Slipknot - Eyeless

7. The Coral - Dreaming of You

6. Justin Timberlake - Cry Me a River

5. System of a Down - Chop Suey

4. Arcade Fire - Wake Up

3. At The Drive-In - One Armed Scissor

2. The Strokes - Last Nite

1. The Walkmen - The Rat

http://open.spotify.com/user/bloodroyale/playlist/42Q0XeaIAyASndEtnr907E

Much love x x

3 comments:

SeanDiS said...

White Stripes? I ARE SURPRISED!

I made this http://drownedinsound.com/in_depth/4137653-ninety-songs-of-the-noughties-dis-editors-picks-p2k-alternative

impostor said...

I'm listening now and these songs bring back so many memories. It's overwhelming.

Daniel said...

The Rat is an amazing song.